- November 19: Mazda Fuel Pump Recall Leads to Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- November 13: Mazda Fuel Pump Recall Issued For Impellers recalls | 18 days ago
- September 29: Mazda RX-8 and MazdaSpeed6 Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 63 days ago
- September 29: Mazda CX-9 SUVs Recalled For Second-Row Seat Dangers recalls | 63 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 84 days ago
Mazda Recall 1317F: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Explode
2012 Mazda CX-9
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Passenger Side — Inflator Module
- Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain 2014-2015 Mazda CX-9 vehicles sold, or ever registered in the states of Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands or "Zone A." Additionally, unless covered in "Zone A, " Mazda is recalling certain 2011-2013 Mazda6, 2011-2012 CX-7, and 2011-2015 CX-9 sold, or ever registered in the states of Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia, or "Zone B." Additionally, unless covered in Zone A or Zone B, Mazda is recalling certain 2010-2013 Mazda6, 2010-2012 CX-7, and 2010-2015 CX-9 vehicles ever registered in the states of Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming or "Zone C." These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag, these inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger air bag inflator with an alternate inflator, free of charge. The recall began November 9, 2018. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500, Option 4. Mazda's number for this recall is 1317F.
- Documents (14)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Subject: Notification of Takata Safety Recall “Pull Ahead” Expansion to the DIR4 group of vehicles
- Recall 573 Report
- Miscellaneous Document - PARTS AND WARRANTY INFORMATION Recall Campaign 1317F
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Mazda Dealer Email - Subject: Launch of Safety Recall 1317F, 2918J Takata Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator “Pull Ahead” Expansion to the DIR4 group of vehicles.
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-1
- ISSUED Renotification Notice - July 2019
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-4
- ISSUED Renotification Notice - Big Island Mailer 10/31/19
Click a tab for more information.