2016 Mazda CX-9 accessories - interior problems: infotainment system not working properly

Infotainment System Not Working Properly

CarComplaints.com Seal Of

5.5

2016 Mazda CX-9 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Mazda CX-9:

2016 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Dec 122016

CX-9 Grand Touring SKYACTIV 2.5L Turbo 4-Cyl

My wife and I purchased a new 2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring after falling in love with the sleek exterior and interior design and amenities, the significant technology features, and the great get up and go and smooth, yet sporty, ride. Zoom-Zoom! The week we purchased the car we took a fairly significant family trip from Southwest Michigan to Up State New York and back. The trip proved to be a great opportunity to break in the vehicle properly. I can't say enough about how enjoyable many of the features such as dynamic cruise control, auto-dimming headlights, lane keep assist, heads up display, adaptive front headlight, blind spot monitoring, and smart brake support front collision avoidance systems make this car to drive.

Unfortunately, however, my wife recently informed me she has began experiencing issues with the 8" full color touch screen display intermittently failing/turning off. Initially I expected there may be a button, switch, or configuration setting that allows you to turn the screen on and off she may have been unknowingly bumping or selecting. However, as the issue continues to occur completely intermittently while driving down the road, or at times sitting still, we have ruled this cause out. Additionally, I read the owner's manual and don't find mention of a method of turning the screen on and off with any switches or settings.

I plan to contact my authorized Mazda dealer this week to inquire about the issue and to schedule the vehicle for diagnostic testing and hopeful repair. My concern is this issue will not occur while I have the vehicle in for service and the failure is not something the computer diagnostic has registered or recorded. In the meantime, if anyone has any additional experiences to share and/or root cause, or preferably resolution to the problem, I am very interested in your input.

Thank you!

- tthumper89, Otsego, MI, US

Dec 012016

CX-9 Grand Touring 4

We bought a new cx-9. In the first week we saw that the Navigation was randomly getting turned off. Initially we fixed it by removing and reinserting the SD card. But this problem became frequent.

In the second month we saw that the rear view camera stopped working.

We also see that the average mpg does not exceed 16mpg in city and 22 in highway...far cry from the advertised 22/27.

Voice command is difficult to use. We do not use that anymore.

- ramanawa, Bothell, WA, US

Nov 192016

CX-9 Grand Touring

Infotainment system randomly stops working and will not load. No radio, no communication, no navigation. It is not upon start up and turning off and restarting vehicle does NOT fix this problem. When discussed with the dealer I was told, "well...it's working now"

- cubs16, Springfield, NJ, US

Sep 012016

CX-9 Signature 2.5L I4 Turbo

Audio and infotainment system would randomly reboots when driving. No set pattern it would just reboot. May seem to happen more during Bluetooth or USB audio playback, but cannot verify that is the only time it happens.

- ph3n1x, Davenport, FL, US