ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 steering NHTSA complaints: Steering

NHTSA — Steering Problems

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 (Page 2 of 2)

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: Issues with clutch failure might be giving 2010 MAZDA3 owners headaches, but the lack of support from Mazda is giving them migraines.

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA3:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 042010

MAZDA3 4-cyl

On 11/4, I was on my way to meet my yoga classmate for lunch at 1917 bistro. The restaurant's parking lot was full. So, I backed out and circled the block to find another parking space. When driving on livernois I noticed a parking lot that's why I decided to go back around. I pulled into the first empty parking lot which I thought was better than trying to parallel parking in the one space on the street. So, I turned into a graveled parking lot. I made a left then began to pull up to the parking space but the car accelerated and smashed into a building. The car would not stop so I shifted the car into reverse. The car jerked back wildly; it was hard to handle but I got the car to stop. A man came out of the wig shop. I was standing outside of the car examining the damage - white paint from the building and a slight puck on both sides of the bumper. The man looked at me incredulously because he said the impact shook theshop. His mouth was open and it took him a few minutes to close it. A woman came out also because she felt the impact in the shop next to the man's shop. There were no witnesses to my acceleration problem. I did not report the incident because I did not see a police officer (it's detroit). After lunch, I drove back home and sent Mazda an email. I heard from Mazda Friday morning. The car was towed to the dealer in troy. I spoke to amir about the incident and told him that the car was on its way into the dealership (by the way, I even have my oil change at the dealership). When the car arrived I received a call from scott bryant who, in an accusatory manner asked me to repeat what happened despite amir telling him my story. He warned me that it will take all afternoon to look at the car. Scott called later to inform me that a field engineer will be coming in on Monday to look at the car. He did not offer me a rental.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jul 102010

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda3. While driving 65 mph the vehicle lost power within a few seconds and the power steering light illuminated. The steering failed and the contact experienced electrical failure with the passenger door that could not be unlocked from the inside. The sunroof button also would not shut the sunroof. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing who was unable to locate a failure code; therefore, they stated that nothing was wrong with the vehicle. The manufacturer took report number 132669400. The failure mileage was 13,800. The current mileage was 13,900.

- Providence, RI, USA

Aug 092010

MAZDA3

Loss of steering control on my 2010 Mazda 3 resulting in accident. Also the brakes did not operate as designed. While turning a corner the vehicle steering wheel locked and/or loss steering control, brakes were applied, vehicle begin to stop but before stopping, it turned and ran off the road causing damage to vehicle and property. This was confirmed by driver, 2 passengers and the police. This was the first time this happened. Not sure what is wrong with vehicle. Damaged being repaired at this time.

- Naples, FL, USA

Mar 062010

MAZDA3

Intermittent failure of power steering pump while driving in a straight line and when turning. Small corrections are needed to maintain travel within a lane and when turning you can feel the power assistance drop in and out giving a jerky feel. This was a rental vehicle.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Jul 082010

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Car failed to start. Mazda sent tow truck. Tow truck operator was able to start the car in neutral. Tow truck operator declined to tow the car and sent driver home. Later that day the wheel locked, power brakes failed and driver rolled into a ditch. Driver turned off ignition, unlocked steering wheel, backed car out of ditch and called Mazda for another tow. The consumer stated the day of delivery, the salesman had trouble starting the car and requested a technician make some adjustment to the ignition. The wheel locked and the key would not start the vehicle. After the adjustments, the vehicle appeared to work fine. The dealer stated the vehicle would not start because a cable was bent, which was prohibiting the vehicle from being recognized in park when attempting to start it. Updated IVOQ 08/19/10 updated IVOQ 08/20/10

- Dunwoody, GA, USA