Mazda Recall 3219D: Windshield Wipers May Become Inoperable
2018 Mazda MAZDA3
Reduced visibility while driving can increase the risk of crash.
Visibility — Windshield Wiper/Washer
- Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Mazda3 vehicles. A defective windshield wiper relay may cause the windshield wipers to become inoperative, reducing the driver's visibility.
- Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front body control module with a new module which uses an improved wiper relay design, free of charge. The recall began May 7, 2019. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500, option 4. Mazda's number for this recall is 3219D.
- Documents (15)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Subject: Push Shipment Repair Parts - Recall Campaign 3219D
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- May 3, 2019
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- May 7, 2019
- Miscellaneous Document - PARTS AND WARRANTY INFORMATION Recall Campaign 3219D
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Subject: 2016-2018 Mazda3 Windshield Wipers Concern Safety Recall 3219D
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Push Shipment of Repair Parts
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.