- February 13: 2006 Ford Ranger Owners Warned to Park the Trucks recalls | 7 days ago
- January 20: Mazda Recalls Mazda6, CX-7, CX-9, RX-8 and B-Series For Takata Airbags recalls | 31 days ago
- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 33 days ago
- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 51 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 54 days ago
2014 Mazda MAZDA5
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 Mazda MAZDA5
Official recalls have been issued for the 2014 Mazda MAZDA5 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Mazda service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Mazda customer service.
2014 Mazda MAZDA5 STRUCTURE:BODY:HATCHBACK/LIFTGATE NHTSA Campaign #16V644000
Summary: Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain model year 2010-2013 Mazda3 and Mazdaspeed3 vehicles manufactured November 18, 2008, to June 8, 2013, 2012-2015 Mazda5 vehicles manufactured October 26, 2010, to June 22, 2015, 2016 CX-3 vehicles manufactured June 1, 2015, to December 26, 2015, and 2013-2016 CX-5 vehicles manufactured December 15, 2011, to December 26, 2015. On the affected vehicles, the lift gate support struts may corrode, possibly causing the struts to break and/or the lift gate to drop unexpectedly.
Consequence: If the lift gate falls unexpectedly, it may hit the user, increasing their risk of injury.
Actions: Mazda dealers will replace the both lift gate supports, free of charge, however parts are not currently available. Mazda sent an interim notifications to owners November 2016 and will mail a second notice when remedy parts are available. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500. Mazda's number for this recall is 9916H. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V644000 »