ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2015 Mazda MAZDA6 wheels / hubs problems: rim peeling

Rim Peeling

4.0

2. replace rim (1 reports)
2015 Mazda MAZDA6 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mazda MAZDA6:

2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Feb 012018

MAZDA6 Grand Touring

This is the second set of wheels for this car. About 1 1/2 years after I purchased it new I noticed the wheels were turning black. After going back and forth with the dealership employees, who told me I must've washed the wheels with acid, I finally spoke to the service manager and he agreed it was a quality issue. He ordered new wheels and installed them no charge. Now about 6-8 months later I notice the new wheels are peeling. I haven't attempted to contact the dealer yet, but plan to this coming week. Three of the four wheels have significant areas where the top coat has peeled off and they look horrible.

- Michelle Q., St Petersburg, US

Sep 012016

MAZDA6 Skyactive 2L

Hello everyone,

Just to share my experience. I had a brand new 2015 mazda 6 with 19" wheels. One year after , the rim paint start to peed at the arms area (no contact possible with the outside). at tha Mazda garage, they told me that this is known as a quality issu. I asked the warranty to intereveine and they refuse to take part of the repair or the replacement.

Just want to know if someone else had the same bad experience on the 19" wheels. If yes, please tell me how I can recover my rims. It is a shame a very nice car has a such premature issue on the wheels.

Thank you all.

For any new buyers, my advise for you is to avoid to buy the mazda 6 with the 19" rims.

- Amaousse A., Mons, Belgium