- October 11: Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagons Recalled For Detaching Rear Spoilers recalls | 3 days ago
- October 5: Mercedes-Benz Recall: Driver's Airbags May Fail recalls | 9 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLE350 4Matic and GLE450 4Matic SUVs recalls | 19 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Emissions Cheating Leads to Nearly $1 Billion Fine news | 19 days ago
- September 6: Mercedes-Benz NECK-PRO Lawsuit Filed as Class Action news | 38 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2019080012: Steering Rack Locknut May Fail, Affecting Steering
2016 Mercedes-Benz C300
A car that cannot be properly steered has an increased risk of a crash.
Steering — Rack And Pinion — Rack
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2015-2016 Mercedes Benz C300, 2017-2019 C300 Cabrio, C300 Coupe, C63 Cabrio, 2015 C63S AMG, 2018-2019 C300, C350e, C63 AMG, C63S AMG Cabrio, 2018 C63 AMG Cabrio, C63 AMG Coupe, C63S AMG, C63S AMG Coupe, E300, E400 Cabrio, E400 Coupe, 2019 CLS450, E450 Cabrio, and E450 Coupe rear-wheel drive vehicles. A locknut in the steering rack may break under high load, possibly causing the steering to become stuck in one position.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering rack, free of charge. The recall began August 23, 2019. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2019080012.
Click a tab for more information.