- August 18: Mercedes-Benz Recalls 475 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 34 days ago
- August 9: Mercedes-Benz Mars Red Paint Defect Lawsuit Filed news | 43 days ago
- July 26: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C-Class Cars For Loose Trim recalls | 57 days ago
- July 16: Mercedes-Benz Recalls S-Class Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 67 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Mercedes-Benz/Battery
1999 Mercedes-Benz C320
The low electrolyte levels result in accelerated battery grid growth, increased potential for inter-cell rupture and sparking, and the potential for a battery explosion.
Electrical System — Battery
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with hoppecke batteries. The battery maintenance schedule could be less than needed to maintain proper electrolyte levels.
- Dealers will inspect the batteries, including fluid levels. Some batteries may be replaced if necessary, on a case by case basis. In addition to the battery inspection, the addition of labels in the vehicle owner's manual and engine compartment will be included to conspicuously remind owners as well as dealer and service personnel of the need to perform battery maintenance. Owner notification began February 20, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Mercedes-Benz at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.