Mercedes-Benz Recall 2015060007: Fuses May Be Improperly Installed
2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250
If the fuses were not properly installed, they may lose electrical contact. In the event of a loss of electrical contact, certain systems may be impacted, including the function of the front passenger seat occupancy recognition system, the passenger side air bag indicator lamp, the instrument cluster and the windshield wipers. Should the function of the front passenger seat occupancy recognition system or the passenger side airbag indicator lamp be affected, the risk of injury for passengers in the event of a crash would be increased. Should the function of the instrument cluster and the windshield wipers be affected, the risk of a crash would be increased.
Air Bags — Sensor — Occupant Classification
Visibility/Wiper|Electrical System — Instrument Cluster/Panel|Electrical System — Wiring — Fuses And Circuit Breakers
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2014 CLA 250C vehicles manufactured September 10, 2014, to September 11, 2014, 2014 CLA 250C 4Matic vehicles manufactured September 13, 2014, to September 25, 2014, and 2014 CLA 45 AMG 4Matic vehicles manufactured September 10, 2014, to September 25, 2014. The affected vehicles have fuses that may have been incorrectly installed in the passenger side interior fuse boxes.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the position and orientation of the fuses, and if necessary, replace the fuse box, free of charge. The recall began on August 18, 2015. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2015060007.
- Documents (11)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE:Recall Campaign 2015060007–Check Fuse Box, Replace if Necessary. Model 117 (CLA). Model Year 2014 DATE: July 14, 2015
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.