- January 9: Mercedes-Benz BlueTEC Lawsuit Filed by Arizona news | 9 days ago
- December 24: Mercedes-Benz Recalls Two Vehicles For Steering Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- December 16: Mercedes-Benz Mold Lawsuit Blames Evaporator Condensation news | 33 days ago
- December 13: 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 Recalled recalls | 36 days ago
- December 8: Seat Belt Buckles Cause Mercedes-Benz Recall recalls | 41 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Door Opening Cable May Fail/FMVSS 206
2016 Mercedes-Benz G550
If the cable breaks and the door cannot be opened from inside the vehicle after a crash, the occupant is at an increased risk of an injury.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2016 G550 4MATIC and G63 AMG vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the cable that unlatches the door when the inner door handle is pulled may break if the door is difficult to release, such as could occur after a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 206, "Door Locks and Door Retention Components."
- MBUSA will notify owners and dealers will replace the cable that connects the inner door handle and the door lock on all four doors, free of charge. The recall began on April 28, 2017. Owners can contact Mercedes-Benz customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (8)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: New Recall Campaign DATE: March 31, 2017
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: New Recall Campaign 2017030019 DATE: April 21, 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.