- April 17: Mercedes-Benz Sunroof Shattered, Says California Plaintiff news | 2 days ago
- April 10: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C43, C300, C63 and E400 Vehicles recalls | 9 days ago
- March 19: Mercedes-Benz Air Conditioner Problems Keep Lawsuit Moving news | 31 days ago
- March 18: Investigation: 2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris Gas Leaks investigations | 32 days ago
- February 20: Mercedes-Benz Possibly Caught Using Emissions 'Defeat Devices' news | 58 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Steering Column Wiring Harness Incorrectly Routed
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC300
An unexpected air bag deployment or engine stall increases the risk of a crash.
Steering — Column
Electrical System — Wiring
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2016 GLC 300 vehicles manufactured June 16, 2015, to November 3, 2015, and 2016 GLC 300 4Matic vehicles manufactured July 16, 2015, to November 3, 2015. The steering columns in the affected vehicles may have the wiring harness for the switch module incorrectly routed. As a result, the harness may chafe and the air bag may unexpectedly deploy or the engine may stall.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the wiring harnesses, properly rerouting them as necessary. Any damaged harnesses will be replaced. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began on April 22, 2016. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (11)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.