- January 12: Mercedes-Benz Recalls E-Class Vehicles For Airbag Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- January 12: Mercedes-Benz S560 and S450 Cars Recalled To Replace Brakes recalls | 13 days ago
- January 4: Mercedes-Benz Sunroof Glass Problems Cause Recall recalls | 21 days ago
- January 2: 3 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter Vans Recalled recalls | 23 days ago
- January 1: Mercedes-Benz Recall Failures Lead To $20 Million Settlement news | 24 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Seat Belt Pretensioners May Not Function Properly
2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC300
If the front seat seatbelt pretensioners do not function properly, the seat occupants may not be adequately restrained in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Pretensioner
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2017 C300, C300 4Matic, C300 Coupe, C300 Coupe 4Matic, C43 AMG, C43 AMG Coupe, C43 AMG Cabrio, C63 AMG, C63 AMG Coupe, C63S AMG, C63S AMG Coupe, C63S Cabrio, GLC300, GLC300 4Matic, GLC43 AMG, S550, S550 4Matic, S550e, S600, S63 AMG 4Matic, S65, Mercedes-Maybach S550 4Matic, and Mercedes-Maybach S600 vehicles. The affected vehicles have front seat seatbelt pretensioners that may not function properly in the event of a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection, " and 209, "Seat Belt Assemblies."
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front seat belts, free of charge. The recall began October 13, 2017. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (10)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: Recall Campaign 2017050024 Launch Notification MY17 205, 222, 253 (C-Class, GLC-Class, S-Class) Mix Ratio Front Seatbelt Pre-tensioner (Driver) DATE: September 22, 2017
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 208, 209
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: New Recall Campaign DATE: May 2, 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: Recall Campaign UPDATE 2017050023 (Passenger), 20170500024 (Driver), or 2017050025 (Driver & Pass) DATE: July 26, 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: Recall Campaign with Retail Hold 2017050023 Passenger 2017050024 Driver 2017050025 Driver & Passenger DATE: June 9, 2017
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.