- December 16: Mercedes-Benz Mold Lawsuit Blames Evaporator Condensation news | 1 days ago
- December 13: 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 Recalled recalls | 4 days ago
- December 8: Seat Belt Buckles Cause Mercedes-Benz Recall recalls | 9 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Blind Spot Monitoring Function Not Installed
2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris
If a vehicle is in the driver's blind spot, but the BSM system does not warn the driver, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Lane Departure — Blind Spot Detection
- Daimler Vans USA LLC (DVUSA) is recalling certain 2016-2017 Mercedes-Benz Metris vehicles. These vans were to be equipped with the Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) feature, however, the installed instrument cluster and steering wheel does not support the function, and thus, the BSM system does not work on the vehicle.
- DVUSA will notify owners, and dealers will install the correct instrument cluster and steering wheel to enable the BSM function, free of charge. Interim notices informing owners of the safety risk were mailed on May 8, 2017. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy becomes available. The recall began on May 26, 2017. Owners may contact DVUSA customer service at 1-877-762-8267.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.