Mercedes-Benz Recall 2019040025: Active Steering Assist System May Remain Engaged
2018 Mercedes-Benz S450
If the system remains active despite the driver not having their hands on the wheel, the driver's inattention may increase the risk of crash.
Lane Departure — Lane Keep — Steering Assist
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2018 AMG S63 4MATIC coupe, AMG S63 4MATIC sedan, AMG S63 4MATIC Cabriolet, S450 4MATIC sedan, S560 4MATIC coupe, S560 4MATIC sedan, and Maybach S560 4MATIC vehicles. Due to an incorrect steering boot installation, the Active Steering Assist system may remain engaged despite the driver's hands not being on the steering wheel for a prolonged period of time.
- MBUSA has notified owners, and dealers will inspect the vehicles and correct the steering boot installation, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began May 13, 2019. Owners may contact Mercedes Benz customer service at 1-800-367-6372. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2019040025.
- Documents (13)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 4
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 3
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Recall Campaign Launch Notification 2019040025 Check Steering Boot MY18-19 S-Class, S-Class Coupe (222, 217)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.