- February 19: Ford Recalls 154,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Inflators recalls | 9 days ago
- January 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 37 days ago
- January 21: Ford and Mazda To Recall More Takata Airbag Inflators news | 38 days ago
Mercury Recall 00S15: Ford/FMVSS 209/Seat Belt Assemblies
1998 Mercury Grand Marquis
In the event of a collision, these seat belts may not restrain an occupant increasing the risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Front — Anchorage
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles using aftermarket driver's seat belt assemblies that were sold by Ford parts departments from January 1, through June 13, 2000. These seat belt assemblies fail to comply with the requirements of FMVSS no. 209, "seat belt assemblies." The equipment involved is service stock seat belt assemblies, model nos. H 9977, H 9979, T 9063, and T 9217, built by TRW vehicle safety systems, Inc. (TRW) manufactured from June 1, 1998 through May 21, 2000. Some of these seat belt assemblies may have been installed as service replacement equipment on the vehicles involved in the recall.
- Dealers will inspect these vehicles and replace the service seat belt assemblies that were installed in these vehicles from January 1 through June 13, 2000.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.