- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 0 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 27 days ago
- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 86 days ago
Mercury Recall 01S21: Ford/Trw Seat Belt Buckles
2001 Mercury Grand Marquis
In the event of a crash, the restraint system may not provide adequate occupant protection, increasing the risk of personal injury to the seat occupant.
Seat Belts — Front — Buckle Assembly
- Vehicle description: Passenger and sport utility vehicles, pickup trucks, and minivans. Equipped with seat belts supplied by TRW. It is possible that the driver's and/or front passenger's outboard seat belt buckle may not fully latch. Ford Crown Victoria built at St. Thomas assembly plant from 4/17/00 - 5/29/01 Mercury Grand Marquis built at St. Thomas assembly plant from 4/17/00 - 5/29/01. Lincoln town cars built at Wixom assembly plant from 3/27/00 - 5/30/01. Lincoln Navigator built at Michigan truck plant from 4/11/00 - 5/31/01. Ford Windstar built at Oakville assembly plant from 3/23/00 - 5/30/01. Ford Ranger built at Twin Cities plant from 3/28/00 - 5/30/01, and also at the Edison plant from 3/13/00 - 5/25/01. Ford F-150 truck built at Norfolk plant from 4/18/00 - 5/25/00; at Ontario plant from 5/10/00 - 5/28/01; at Kansas City plant from 9/11/99 - 5/25/01; and at Cuautitlan plant from 5/16/00 - 6/9/01. Ford Super Duty F-250, F-350, F-450, and F-550 trucks built at Kentucky plant from 4/17/00 - 5/27/01; and at Cuautitlan plant from 5/16/00 - 6/19/01. Ford Excursion built at Kentucky plant from 4/17/00 - 10/2/00. Ford Expedition built at Michigan truck plant from 4/11/00 - 5/31/01.
- Dealers will inspect the front outboard seat belt buckles and if the buckle fails the inspection process, it will be replaced. Owner notification began July 25, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.