Mitsubishi Recall SR-16-005: Fluid May Leak From Transmission Hose
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
If enough transmission fluid leaks out, the transmission may not function properly and the vehicle may become inoperable, increasing the risk of a crash. Additionally, if leaking transmission fluid contacts an a hot surface there is an increased risk of a fire.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Cooling Unit And Lines
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is recalling certain model year 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport vehicles manufactured June 25, 2014, through November 25, 2015 and equipped with a 2.0L engine and a continuously variable transmission (CVT). During assembly, a clamp for a CVT hose may not have been properly secured, allowing the hose to detach and leak transmission fluid.
- Mitsubishi will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the hose clamps, correcting their installation, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on August 15, 2016. Owners may contact Mitsubishi customer service at 1-888-648-7820. Mitsubishi's number for this recall is SR-16-005.
- Documents (11)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.