- January 25: Mitsubishi Recalls Monteros To Fix Takata NADI Airbags recalls | 30 days ago
- January 6: Mitsubishi i-MiEV Brake Vacuum Pump Investigation Closed investigations | 49 days ago
- December 6: About 1.4 Million Takata Non-Azide Driver Inflators Recalled recalls | 80 days ago
- December 3: Mitsubishi i-MiEV Recall Issued For 3rd Time For Brake Vacuum Pumps recalls | 83 days ago
Mitsubishi Recall SR-18-002: Parking Brake Actuators May Corrode
2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
If the parking brake actuator shaft binds, the parking brake may not engage or disengage fully. If the parking brake does not engage properly, the vehicle may move unexpectedly if it is parked on a slope, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is recalling certain 2014-2016 Outlander and 2013-2016 Outlander Sport vehicles. Water may enter the rear brake calipers causing the parking brake actuator shafts to corrode and possibly bind.
- MMNA will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear brake calipers and replace the parking brake boot and lever or the brake caliper body, as necessary. Dealers will also replace the piston assembly of the rear brake caliper. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall is expected to begin March 27, 2018. Owners may contact MMNA customer service at 1-888-648-7820. MMNA's number for this recall is SR-18-002.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.