- May 29: Mitsubishi Mirage G4s Have Airbags That May Fail recalls | 19 days ago
- May 14: Mitsubishi i-MiEV Brake Vacuum Pump Recalls Investigated investigations | 34 days ago
- April 21: Suzuki Recalls 2 Million Cars in Japan Over Safety Inspections news | 57 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 64 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 87 days ago
Mitsubishi Recall SR-12-003: Air Bag Sensor
2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV
The side and curtain air bags may not deploy in a crash for which those air bags were intended to deploy, increasing the risk of personal injury to the vehicle occupants.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
- Mitsubishi is recalling certain model year 2012 i-MiEV vehicles manufactured between November 4, 2011, and December 22, 2011. Incompatibility between the air bag sensors and the self-diagnostic software may deactivate the frontal and side airbag system. Should this occur, the SRS warning lamp would illuminate to alert the driver.
- Mitsubishi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the incompatible air bag sensors with new, compatible units, free of charge. The safety recall began on during August 2012. Owners may contact Mitsubishi at 1-800-222-0037.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.