Mitsubishi Recall SR-17-001: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV
An inflator rupture may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is recalling certain 2012 and 2014 i-MiEV vehicles. These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the front air bags, these inflators may rupture due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- MMNA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger air bag inflator, free of charge. The recall began on March 10, 2017. Owners may contact MMNA customer service at 1-888-648-7820. MMNA's number for this recall is SR-17-001.
- Documents (15)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: January 17, 2017 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall Affecting Certain 2012 and 2014 i-MiEV Vehicles
- VEHICLE INFORMATION BY ZONE
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - No: SR−17−001 DATE: March, 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - ADVANCE TECHNICAL INFORMATION NOTICE DATE: March 07, 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: 7/20/2017 Subject: Helping To Keep Our Mutual Customers Safe
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - PARTS BULLETIN No: 52-IM-01-17 Date: March 7, 2017
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.