- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 7 days ago
- July 22: Nissan Sentra CVT Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 23 days ago
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 30 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 42 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 50 days ago
Nissan Recall : Steering Gear Housing
2008 Nissan Rogue
The screw may eventually come out of the steering gear cover. If large steering inputs are made with the cover screw missing the pinion shaft may come out of the steering gear resulting in a complete loss of steering control and increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Gear Box — Shaft Pitman
- Nissan is recalling certain model year 2008-2009 Rogue vehicles. A screw in the steering gear housing cover may loosen over time and could fall out. As it loosens, the steering response of the vehicle may be compromised but the driver will retain steering control.
- Dealers will inspect whether the steering gear cover screw is loose and will be retightened to the proper specification. Dealers will also install a cover plate to prevent the screw from possibly coming out of the steering gear. This service will be performed free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during November 2009. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.