2014 Ram 1500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ram 1500:

2014 Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Dec 202018

1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi

Problem first occurred while backing into a parking stall. I got halfway in, heard a chime, the truck shifted into park and died. Windows were down. it was 9 degrees. key was stuck in the ignition. after hours and hours of researching and checking things like the battery, fuses, wiring, stupid sh*t like that, I had almost given up hope until I found out about the garbage TIPM. Went out took the TIPM off, cleaned it all out, checked all connectivity, brought it inside to warm up, put it back on the truck and it fired right up. figured the issue was resolved. Had no issues for a month and it died on me again...while I was DRIVING!! 75mph on the interstate!! I put the damn thing in neutral using the park override and pushed it to the shoulder. as soon as I unclipped the TIPM, I had power again.. it appears to me that the issue is taking a massive amount of wires and putting them in a itty, bitty box is causing the plugs to come undone... issue happens intermittently now. will be replacing the TIPM next month when I have the time to get around to it.. luckily I live in a fairly rural area and was not in traffic when the son of a bitch died or the lives of my kids, my wife or myself could have been in danger. as soon as the thing is paid off, its getting sold or traded in. unless Chrysler fixes the TIPM issues, I'll never buy another. How can they get away with knowingly endangering human lives..

- Shayden N., West Point, US