- November 27: FCA Recalls Ram 1500, Jeep Gladiator and Jeep Wrangler recalls | 8 days ago
- November 26: Toyota FJ Cruiser Frame Rust Lawsuit Dismissed, For Now news | 9 days ago
- November 19: Jeep Sway Bar Disconnect Class Action Lawsuit Says Systems Faulty news | 16 days ago
- November 17: Ram Transmission Problems Cause 16 Fires, and a Recall recalls | 18 days ago
- November 14: FCA Settles With California Over Alleged Emissions Violations news | 21 days ago
Ram Recall VB1: EGR Cooler May Crack And Cause Fire
2014 Ram 1500
Combustion in the intake manifold can increase the risk of a fire.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Exhaust System — Emission Control — Gas Recirculation Valve (Egr Valve)
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2014-2019 Ram 1500 and 1500 Classic Pickup trucks equipped with 3.0L Eco Diesel engines. The Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) cooler may crack and allow pre-heated vaporized coolant to enter the EGR system. This mixture may combust inside the intake manifold.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the EGR cooler, free of charge. Dealers will also inspect and, as necessary, replace the intake manifold. The recall began April 16, 2020. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is VB1.
- Documents (11)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 11/01/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – VB1
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - December 2019 SAFETY RECALL VB1: 2014-2019 DS 3.0L EGR Cooler Customer Handling
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - VB1 Owner Interim
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 10/25/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – VB1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
Click a tab for more information.