- December 10: VW and Audi Models Recalled For Head Restraint Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- December 9: 2019 Ram 1500 Trucks Recalled For Loose Sensors recalls | 3 days ago
- December 2: Chrysler 9-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Awaits Final Settlement news | 10 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 15 days ago
- November 21: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Frame Welds Should Be Investigated: Petition investigations | 21 days ago
Ram Recall T82: Fire Extinguisher May Be Clogged Or Inoperable
2015 Ram 1500
If the fire extinguisher does not function properly, it can increase the risk of injury in the event of a fire.
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling various Dodge, Chrysler, and RAM vehicles equipped with Kidde Plastic-Handle or Push Button 'Pindicator' Fire Extinguishers. A list of the affected trailer models is available at: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2017/RMISC-17V824-0103.pdf. These extinguishers may become clogged, preventing the extinguisher from discharging as expected or requiring excessive force to activate the extinguisher. Additionally, in certain models, the nozzle may detach from the valve assembly with enough force that it could cause injury and also render the product inoperable. For a full list of the affected fire extinguisher models visit: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2017/RMISC-17E062-5427.pdf
- Chrysler will notify owners instructing them to contact Kidde for a replacement fire extinguisher, free of charge. The recall began February 14, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403 or Kidde customer service service toll-free at 1-855-262-3540, or online at www.kidde.com and click on "Product Safety Recall" for more information. Chrysler's number for this recall is T82.
- Documents (9)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - January 17, 2018 *IMPORTANT* T82 & T83 Safety Recall Reminder
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 01/05/2018 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – T82
- Vehicle Model List
- MOPAR Fleet Service & Parts Group Email
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - February 2018
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
Click a tab for more information.