8.9

$1,830

2. replacement air suspension (2 reports)
2015 Ram 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ram 1500:

2015 Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 242022

1500 Laramie 5.7L

I purchased a vehicle with extended warranty. But the air suspension is not covered. Nothing but issues.

- nikle, Watertown MN, US

Sep 122022

1500 Laramie Ecodiesel

The dealer repaired the air suspension twice on warranty. Unfortunately they never upgraded the system so I have never been able to use my truck in the winter. They did enough to milk it off the warranty and then it would no longer do anything. They never actually corrected the issues. I have since 'deleted' the air suspension system that I paid for at my own expense. Dealer admits it is a defective system but won't fix it.

- Carlos S., Sylvan Lake, AB, Canada

Jan 082017

1500 Laramie Ecodiesel

Dealer states it's a common problem and that I should just delete the air suspension system that I paid for when I bought the truck.

- Carlos S., Sylvan Lake, AB, Canada

Jan 012022

1500 Laramie 3.0L

Air suspension will deflate in areo mode while drivers down the highway and will not raise back up. If put into entry/exit mode, truck will not raise back up, even when you hear the compressor running. If weight is added to the bed of the truck, while truck is turned off, system will deflate. Only way to get the truck to raise back up is the turn the truck on and off several times, and hit the raise button, cross your fingers and hope that this time it will raise. Some times this takes multiple days. Dealership had the truck for 2 months, I got it back yesterday, and now the truck is completely deflated and I can't get it to raise back up.

- Leonard A., Mcalester, US

Aug 082021

Shame on dealerships for denying this safety issue with faulty air suspension!!

There needs to be a recall.

Apr 012021

Shame on dealerships for denying this safety issue with faulty air suspension!!

There needs to be a recall - this has happened twice.

Mar 032021

Shame on dealerships for denying this safety issue with faulty air suspension!!

There needs to be a recall - this is the third time.

Aug 302019

1500 Sport 5.7L V8 Hemi

First, my front struts went on the Sept. long weekend. Dealership wanted $6400.00 Cdn. I found new struts @ wholesaler and he repair ended up costing $3500 Cdn. One week later air wouldn't lift and kept getting error message "Unable to achieve ride height due to payload".When ride height was selected, compressor would continue to run until vehicle was turned off. Supposedly only needed update. Now compressor has failed and dealer offered me a deal of 1/2 price (my share is $1750 Cdn). This is third time in as many weeks that my RAM has been to the dealer. My son-in-law sold his RAM (identical to mine) last year because of THREE complete failures in 6 months. He is never going back to a Dodge product and I am feeling the same way. The people in the service dept. as well as the manager have all commented on the annoyance of RAM 1500 trucks constantly coming in for repairs as well as the exorbitant price Dodge charges for parts. While my RAM is now in the shop (has 82000 km) the front transaxles are being replaced for the second time due to failure. One of the mechanics has said this is another common problem that Dodge knows about.

- Darcy L., Edmonton, AB, Canada

Sep 132019

1500 Sport 5.7L V8 Hemi

I am sure the compressor failed was due to the improper repair and update of the front struts, causing the compressor to constantly run until the vehicle was shut down. Dodge is aware of the air suspension problems and does nothing to fix it, much like GM with the last key problem. Until Dodge has their feet held to the fire they will continue to produce defective products.

- Darcy L., Edmonton, AB, Canada