2010 Subaru Forester fuel system NHTSA complaints: Fuel/Propulsion System

NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2.3

2010 Subaru Forester fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Subaru Forester:

2010 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Jan 022017

Forester

Hello- I am experiencing continued issues after recall: 16V-738. I began attempting to resolve this issue in September of 2016. The issue impacts the secondary air system and my vehicle would not pass ca smog. I have to have a passing smog to renew my ca registration. I failed smog and sent the vehicle to my mechanic. My mechanic performed diagnosis and determined stored P2441 and P2443 codes (secondary air valves open). Around the same time, October 2016, Subaru released recall: 16V-738. This addresses a single relay in the secondary air series. I proceeded to schedule and take my vehicle into rancho grande Subaru in san luis obispo. I also opened a claim with Subaru corporate customer support sr #:1-19856672948). Subaru began working on my vehicle mid October 2016 and placed me in a rental SUV. I did not receive any communication from Subaru, so I followed up. The tech informed me the vehicle is ready to be picked up mid November. I visited, picked up the vehicle, drove it 3 miles and heard a loud screech from the secondary air pump. I returned the vehicle, informed the tech and he rudely responded "was that noise happening when you dropped it off". no, I responded and they resisted placing me in a rental for another 3 weeks. Late December, I followed up once again due to lack of communication and the vehicle was ready 3 days later. I drove the vehicle 200 miles and now the same check engine light is on, traction control light is flashing and vehicle intermittently accelerated. I checked the codes and the same codes remain. I feel the scope of components requires all components in the secondary air system to be replaced. The faulty relay was on the on position and has exhausted all the components in the series. This is a nation wide issue do www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/F87/secondary-air-valves-P2443-P2441-63347/. T

- Pismo Beach, CA, USA

Feb 232015

Forester

The contact owns a 2010 Subaru Forester. The contact stated that after parking in the garage, he noticed that there was a fuel leak. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 124,516.

- Sevierville, TN, USA

Feb 082013

Forester

The contact owns a 2010 Subaru Forester. The contact stated that after starting the vehicle, a fuel smell emitted. The contact moved the vehicle and noticed that there was a puddle of fuel on the ground. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for inspection and they stated that a rodent crawled into the vehicle and ate the gas line and the line needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified but did not respond. The failure mileage was 55,000.

- Lexington, SC, USA