Excessive Oil Consumption
2015 Subaru Forester (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Subaru dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Subaru thinks burning through a quart of oil every 1,000 miles or so is perfectly normal. That's a crude stance if you ask us.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 25,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 24 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (19 reports)
- full engine replacement (1 reports)
- given new car (1 reports)
- piston rings replaced (1 reports)
- short block replaced (1 reports)
- use 0w-30 synthetic oil (1 reports)