- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 2 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 9 days ago
- September 1: 2021 Subaru Impreza Owners Shouldn't Drive Their Cars recalls | 16 days ago
- August 3: Subaru Fuel Pump Recall Issued For DENSO Pumps recalls | 45 days ago
Subaru TSB #12-204-16R
2017 Subaru Forester
Affected Component: STRUCTURE
- This bulletin provides potential source locations and procedures to help isolate areas of the vehicle which may be generating popping, clicking or creaking sounds when the body is in a ?twisting? condition. This can occur while driving on rough, irregular or uneven road surfaces or even during lowspeed maneuvers such as pulling into or backing out of a driveway. Production information and field reports received indicate where multiple layers of the vehicle?s body structure are spot-welded together, primarily in the ?D?-pillar and rear gate opening areas, a ?stick-slip? condition can occur between the layers and cause these types of sounds to occur. Service information has been released previously describing similar conditions which involved accessing and then punching or separating the layers of metal and applying a lubricant to prevent recurrence. Those same techniques may also provide good results on these vehicles too but, in some cases, a Body Shop repair may be required.
Click a tab for more information.