- August 10: Subaru Forester 'Passenger Airbag Off' Investigation Begins investigations | 14 days ago
- August 2: Subaru Ascent SUVs Recalled For Loose Driveshafts recalls | 22 days ago
- July 12: Subaru May Buy Back Legacy and Outback Vehicles recalls | 43 days ago
- June 21: Subaru Crosstrek Recalled For Faulty Window Glass recalls | 64 days ago
Subaru Recall WTZ-85: Camera Image May Not Display/FMVSS 111
2018 Subaru Outback
Failure to display the rearview image while backing up increases the risk of crash.
Visibility — Rearview Mirrors/Devices
- Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) is recalling certain 2018 Legacy, Outback, and BRZ vehicles. In the affected vehicles, a software issue may cause the audio display system to not initialize, resulting in the camera display remaining blank. If this occurs, the rearview image will not display while backing up the vehicle. As a result, the vehicles fail to comply with requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety (FMVSS) number 111, "Rearview Mirrors."
- Subaru has notified owners, and dealers will reprogram the audio system display software, free of charge. The recall began on February 5, 2019. Owners may contact Subaru customer service at 1-844-373-6614. Subaru's number for this recall is WTZ-85.
Click a tab for more information.