- November 28: Subaru Transmission Warranty Extension to 10 Years, 100,000 Miles news | 16 days ago
- November 27: Subaru Recalls 2018 Crosstreks Over Floor Mats That Move recalls | 17 days ago
- November 26: Subaru Soy-Based Wiring Lawsuit Filed in Hawaii news | 18 days ago
- October 31: Subaru Recalls 2015 WRX Because of Subwoofer Fire Risk recalls | 44 days ago
- October 28: Subaru Admits Selling Vehicles Without Proper Inspections news | 47 days ago
2014 Subaru Outback
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Outback is showing an early trend of problems with hesitation when accelerating.
The vast majority of owners experiencing this problem have reported that Subaru has not been able to find the cause of the engine hesitation, or fix the problem.
Especially because this is a potential safety defect, we are flagging the 2014 Outback as a model year to watch out for.
Worst 2014 Outback Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems39NHTSA complaints: 22
- transmission problems8
- lights problems5NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems4NHTSA complaints: 7
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 15
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 9
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 6
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Subaru Outback Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Outback compares to other years?
Check out our Subaru Outback overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Outback.