- November 15: Subaru WRX Ringland Failure Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 5 days ago
- November 8: Recall: Don't Trust Subaru Legacy and Outback Fuel Gauges recalls | 12 days ago
- November 8: Subaru Broken Valve Springs Cause Recall of 165,500 Vehicles recalls | 12 days ago
- October 14: Subaru Engine Tuning Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 37 days ago
- October 5: Subaru Recalls Legacy and Outback Vehicles For Parking Brakes recalls | 46 days ago
2013 Subaru Outback
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Outback has a problem with excessive oil consumption.
A class action lawsuit is pending that alleges Subaru's "FB" engine has defective piston rings which causes oil to leak past the rings & burn up at an excessive rate. More information about the class action is available here.
Worst 2013 Subaru Outback Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems19NHTSA complaints: 47
- transmission problems8
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 12
- lights problems5NHTSA complaints: 6
- windows / windshield problems5
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 28
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 26
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 19
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 12
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 10
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 9
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 8
Stay Up to Date
Compare Subaru Outback Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Outback compares to other years?
Check out our Subaru Outback overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Outback.