- November 28: Subaru Transmission Warranty Extension to 10 Years, 100,000 Miles news | 14 days ago
- November 27: Subaru Recalls 2018 Crosstreks Over Floor Mats That Move recalls | 15 days ago
- November 26: Subaru Soy-Based Wiring Lawsuit Filed in Hawaii news | 16 days ago
- October 31: Subaru Recalls 2015 WRX Because of Subwoofer Fire Risk recalls | 42 days ago
- October 28: Subaru Admits Selling Vehicles Without Proper Inspections news | 45 days ago
2013 Subaru Outback
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Outback has a problem with excessive oil consumption.
A class action lawsuit is pending that alleges Subaru's "FB" engine has defective piston rings which causes oil to leak past the rings & burn up at an excessive rate. More information about the class action is available here.
Worst 2013 Outback Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems17NHTSA complaints: 39
- transmission problems7
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 9
- lights problems5NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems5
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 26
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 13
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 12
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 9
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 6
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Subaru Outback Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Outback compares to other years?
Check out our Subaru Outback overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Outback.