- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 39 days ago
- August 29: Subaru Says Legacy and Outback Windshield Lawsuit Should Be Tossed news | 52 days ago
2013 Subaru Outback
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Outback has a problem with excessive oil consumption.
A class action lawsuit is pending that alleges Subaru's "FB" engine has defective piston rings which causes oil to leak past the rings & burn up at an excessive rate. More information about the class action is available here.
Worst 2013 Outback Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems17NHTSA complaints: 39
- transmission problems7
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 9
- lights problems5NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems5
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 26
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 13
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 12
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 9
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 6
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Subaru Outback Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Outback compares to other years?
Check out our Subaru Outback overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Outback.