Excessive Oil Consumption
2013 Subaru Outback (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Outback has a problem with excessive oil consumption.
A class action lawsuit is pending that alleges Subaru's "FB" engine has defective piston rings which causes oil to leak past the rings & burn up at an excessive rate. More information about the class action is available here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 55,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 23 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (12 reports)
- best - different car. worse - new block. worse - burn oil (7 reports)
- engine rebuild (1 reports)
- replace oil rings (1 reports)
- replace rings (1 reports)
- replace short block (1 reports)