- May 6: Toyota Tundra Recall Issued For Rearview Camera Image Failures recalls | 13 days ago
- April 17: Toyota Highlander Hybrid Gas Tank Size Causes Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
- April 13: Toyota Recalls 500,000 Vehicles Due To Software Errors recalls | 36 days ago
- April 4: Toyota FJ Cruiser Frame Recall Needed, Alleges Lawsuit news | 45 days ago
- March 26: Toyota 4Runner Rusted Frame Defect Petition Denied investigations | 54 days ago
Toyota Recall 20TB03 / 20TA03: Air Bags/Seat Belt Pretensioners May Not Deploy
2014 Toyota Avalon
In the event of a crash, air bags and/or seat belt pretensioners that do not deploy as intended may increase the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Air Bag/Restraint Control Module
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2011-2019 Corolla, 2011-2013 Matrix, 2012-2018 Avalon, and 2013-2018 Avalon Hybrid vehicles. During certain crashes, the air bag electronic control unit (ECU) may malfunction, possibly disabling the deployment of the air bags and/or seat belt pretensioners.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the ECU and install a noise filter between the air bag control module and its wire harness, as necessary, free of charge. Owners were notified of the safety risk beginning March 2, 2020. A second letter notifying owners of the remedy repair will be mailed between March 16, 2020 and June 27, 2020. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371. Toyota's numbers for this recall are 20TB03, 20TA03 and 20TA05.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.