- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Rodent/Wiring Lawsuit Dismissed news | 3 days ago
- May 9: Toyota Highlander Steering Wheels Are Falling Off investigations | 41 days ago
- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 55 days ago
- April 4: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Bent Rear Axle Warped Brake Drums: Lawsuit news | 76 days ago
1997 Toyota Avalon
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1997 Toyota Avalon Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problemsNHTSA: 43
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 27
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 15
- engine problemsNHTSA: 14
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 13
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 10
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 7
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Avalon Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Avalon compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Avalon overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Avalon.
Worst 1997 Toyota Avalon Problems
- Average Cost to Fix:
- Average Mileage:
- 188,000 mi
We're actively collecting data on the worst problems for the Toyota Avalon.
Please add any complaints you have so we have more helpful data to show!