- September 14: Toyota Recalls Tundra and Tundra Hybrid Trucks Over Load Labels recalls | 17 days ago
- September 12: Toyota Tundra Fuel Line Recall Leads to Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- September 8: Subaru BRZ and Toyota GR86 Recalled Over Turn Signals recalls | 23 days ago
- September 2: Toyota Yaris Electrical Problems Cause Defect Petition investigations | 29 days ago
- August 10: Toyota Recalls Tundra and Tundra Hybrid Trucks Over Fire Risk recalls | 52 days ago
1997 Toyota Avalon
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1997 Toyota Avalon Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problemsNHTSA: 43
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 27
- engine problemsNHTSA: 14
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 14
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 10
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 10
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 7
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Avalon Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Avalon compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Avalon overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Avalon.
Worst 1997 Toyota Avalon Problems
- Average Cost to Fix:
- Average Mileage:
- 188,000 mi
We're actively collecting data on the worst problems for the Toyota Avalon.
Please add any complaints you have so we have more helpful data to show!