- March 7: Kobe Steel Class-Action Lawsuit Includes Toyota news | 14 days ago
- March 7: Toyota Prius Windshield Cracks Cause Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- March 6: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Equipped With 10-Spoke Wheels recalls | 15 days ago
- February 25: Rear Crash Test Ratings Show Prevention Systems Work news | 24 days ago
- February 20: Toyota Recalls Sequoia and Tundra For Seat and Stability Problems recalls | 29 days ago
1997 Toyota Avalon
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1997 Toyota Avalon Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problemsNHTSA: 43
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 27
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 15
- engine problemsNHTSA: 14
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 13
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 10
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 7
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 4
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Avalon Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Avalon compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Avalon overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Avalon.
Worst 1997 Toyota Avalon Problems
- Average Cost to Fix:
- Average Mileage:
- 188,000 mi
We're actively collecting data on the worst problems for the Toyota Avalon.
Please add any complaints you have so we have more helpful data to show!