- December 26: Toyota Camry HVAC Class Action Lawsuit Certified news | 27 days ago
- December 8: Joyson Airbag Recall Investigation Closed by Government investigations | 45 days ago
- November 24: Toyota Power Steering Recall Includes Sequoia and Tundra recalls | 59 days ago
- November 19: Toyota Recalls 2022 Sienna Minivans With Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 64 days ago
- November 17: Toyota Camry Recalled Over Brake Vacuum Pump Problems recalls | 66 days ago
Toyota Engineering Analysis EA08024: STEERING INTERMEDIATE SHAFT BINDING
2004 Toyota Sienna
STEERING INTERMEDIATE SHAFT BINDING
- ODI's analysis of warranty data shows that the alleged defect has occurred in just 0.2 percent of the subject vehicle population.when the analysis is limited to salt-belt states, the rate is still well below one percent of the population (0.4 percent).in addition, tests conducted by ODI and Toyota have shown that the alleged defect has a minimal affect on steering efforts.ODI interviews of owners who experienced the alleged defect indicated that in most cases the problem was preceded by months or years of noise or a gradual increase in steering efforts in the initial steering maneuvers after first starting a cold vehicle.the subject vehicles have been in service for 4 to 5 years with no crashes or injuries associated with the alleged defect.Toyota's technical service bulletin provides assistance to service technicians in the early diagnosis and repair of the alleged defect condition. Accordingly, this investigation has been closed. The closing of this investigation does not constitute a finding by NHTSA that a safety-related defect does not exist.the Agency will continue to monitor complaints and other information relating to the alleged defect in the subject vehicles and take further action in the future if warranted.for additional information regarding this engineering analysis refer to the EA08-024 closing report.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.