- July 29: VW Touareg Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 6 days ago
- July 11: Volkswagen Jettas Recalled to Replace Airbag Modules recalls | 24 days ago
- June 12: Volkswagen ID.4 Recall Blamed on Headlight Adjustments recalls | 53 days ago
- May 24: VW Water Pump Lawsuit Says Plastic Cracks news | 72 days ago
- May 13: Recall: VW To Repurchase 46 Vehicles From Owners recalls | 83 days ago
Volkswagen TSB #V171403 2017813
2005 Volkswagen Beetle
Affected Component: ENGINE (PWS)
- Technical Bulletin (Oil Consumption Measurement): Customer states oil consumption is higher than the Volkswagen oil consumption standard of up to 0.5 quarts per 600 miles, or 0.5 liters per 1000 km. In order to provide effective lubrication and cooling of internal engine components, all internal combustion engines consume a certain amount of engine oil. Oil consumption varies from engine to engine and may change significantly over the life of the engine. Typically, engines with specified break-in periods consume more oil during the break-in period, and the oil consumption will stabilize after the break-in period. Refer to the Owners Manual for specific break-in procedures. Under normal conditions, the rate of oil consumption depends on the quality and viscosity of the oil, the RPM at which the engine is operated, the ambient temperature and road conditions. Further factors include the amount of oil dilution from water condensation or fuel residue and the oxidation level of the oil. This document discusses the "Fault Codes" necessary to diagnosis, and potential remedy of the issue. The fault codes for checking warranty coverage for servicing the vehicle are also available.
Click a tab for more information.