- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 1 days ago
- March 30: Ram 2500/3500 Emissions Lawsuit Dismissed news | 20 days ago
- March 15: VW Recalls CC, Eos, Golf and Passat for Takata Airbags recalls | 35 days ago
- March 2: Volkswagen CC Suspension Problems Cause Tire Wear: Lawsuit news | 48 days ago
- February 22: VW Tiguan Limiteds Have Wrong Steering Wheels and Airbags recalls | 56 days ago
Volkswagen Recall M8: Tire Information Label/FMVSS 110
2006 Volkswagen Beetle
A misprinted label could lead to fitment of improperly sized replacement tires.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- Certain passenger vehicles equipped with 17-inch wheels and a 2.5L engine fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 110, "tire selection and rims." These vehicles were produced with a tire information label that lists an incorrect front tire size. The correct front tire size should be listed as 225/45 R17. The inflation pressure is correct.
- Owners will be provided with a new tire information label and installation instructions. At the customer's option, a dealer can perform the installation for them free of charge. The recall began on February 27, 2006. Owners may contact Volkswagen at 1-800-893-5298.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.