- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 2 days ago
- September 15: VW Timing Chain Tensioner Class-Action Settlement Nears news | 7 days ago
- September 10: VW Touareg Drain Valve Lawsuit Says Water Enters Air Filters news | 12 days ago
- September 7: Volkswagen Recalls Atlas SUVs For Airbag Dangers recalls | 15 days ago
- September 5: Volkswagen Agrees to Settle $48 Million Investor Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
Volkswagen Recall M8: Tire Information Label/FMVSS 110
2006 Volkswagen Beetle
A misprinted label could lead to fitment of improperly sized replacement tires.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- Certain passenger vehicles equipped with 17-inch wheels and a 2.5L engine fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 110, "tire selection and rims." These vehicles were produced with a tire information label that lists an incorrect front tire size. The correct front tire size should be listed as 225/45 R17. The inflation pressure is correct.
- Owners will be provided with a new tire information label and installation instructions. At the customer's option, a dealer can perform the installation for them free of charge. The recall began on February 27, 2006. Owners may contact Volkswagen at 1-800-893-5298.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.