- July 10: Investigation: 2018 VW Tiguan Seat Belts Are Breaking investigations | 6 days ago
- July 9: Appeals Court Rules VW Stuck With $10 Billion Settlement news | 7 days ago
- July 5: Volkswagen Lawsuit Says Safety Features Don't Work as Advertised news | 11 days ago
- July 3: Volkswagen Age Discrimination Lawsuit Filed in Tennessee news | 13 days ago
- June 30: 2018 VW and Audi Drivers: Park Your Vehicles recalls | 16 days ago
Volkswagen Recall M8: Tire Information Label/FMVSS 110
2006 Volkswagen Beetle
A misprinted label could lead to fitment of improperly sized replacement tires.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- Certain passenger vehicles equipped with 17-inch wheels and a 2.5L engine fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 110, "tire selection and rims." These vehicles were produced with a tire information label that lists an incorrect front tire size. The correct front tire size should be listed as 225/45 R17. The inflation pressure is correct.
- Owners will be provided with a new tire information label and installation instructions. At the customer's option, a dealer can perform the installation for them free of charge. The recall began on February 27, 2006. Owners may contact Volkswagen at 1-800-893-5298.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.