- May 31: VW Engine Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Vehicles Stall news | 1 days ago
- May 11: VW Fuel Economy Settlement Receives Final Approval news | 21 days ago
- May 10: 56 Million Takata Inflators Won't Be Recalled news | 22 days ago
- April 12: VW Water Pump Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 50 days ago
- April 12: Volkswagen Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Sunroofs Leak news | 50 days ago
Volkswagen TSB #V171302 2017813
2014 Volkswagen Beetle
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- Technical Bulletin (Oil Consumption Measurement): Customer states oil consumption is higher than the Volkswagen oil consumption standard of up to 0.5 quarts per 600 miles, or 0.5 liters per 1000 km. In order to provide effective lubrication and cooling of internal engine components, all internal combustion engines consume a certain amount of engine oil. Oil consumption varies from engine to engine and may change significantly over the life of the engine. Typically, engines with specified break-in periods consume more oil during the break-in period, and the oil consumption will stabilize after the break-in period. This document informs of oil consumption tests to check a vehicles performance.
Click a tab for more information.