2013 Volkswagen Passat seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Passat:

2013 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments (Page 1 of 12)

Jan 072018

A 2013 Volkswagen Passat, on January 7the airbag warning light came on and "error: Airbag" warning was displayed. The horn no longer works and the buttons around the steering wheel are inoperable. The vehicle was taken to VW in findlay, oh where it was diagnosed that the takaka airbag recall was in effect for this vehicle and that recalled part was replaced. However the steering wheel makes a clicking noise when it is turned, the buttons around the steering wheel are still not working and the airbag warning light and "error:airbag" warning is still on.

- Bloomdale, OH, USA

Dec 152017

The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V483000 (air bags). The vehicle was taken to green Toyota (3901 wabash ave, springfield, il 62711, (217) 698-3100) and a protective cover was installed over the steering wheel clock spring. A few months later, the horn failed and the buttons around the steering wheel were inoperable. The air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to autohaus of peoria (2322 w van winkle way, peoria, il 61615, (309) 740-7951) where it was diagnosed that the clock spring needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the recall was completed. The approximate failure mileage was 53,000.

- Springfield, IL, USA

Nov 182017

As I was driving I started to notice a rustling sound whenever I would turn the steering wheel. About 20 minutes later my dash light stating that there was an airbag error came on for the drivers side airbag. The horn and the other control buttons in the steering column ceased working as well.

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Nov 202017

- Miami, FL, USA

May 162016

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Passat. Upon purchasing the vehicle, the dealer (karen radley Volkswagen, 14700 jefferson davis hwy, woodbridge, va 22191, (703) 550-0202) did not inform the contact of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) until after she obtained ownership. An independent sales company stated that the vehicle needed to be taken to a dealer to schedule a recall repair. The dealer indicated that the contact would need to wait to receive a recall notice in the mail to determine when the parts would become available. The contact received the interim recall notice months later, but had not received a second letter yet indicating that the parts were available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and the contact was still unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

May 312016

Takata recall dealership still hasn't contacted me for the repair

- Mount Prospect, IL, USA

Nov 172017

Hair or other fibers may contaminate the airbag clock spring (a spiral wound, flat cable that keeps the airbag powered while the steering wheel is being turned). This contamination may tear the cable and result in a loss of electrical connection to the driver's frontal airbag. A loss of electrical connection to the driver's frontal airbag will prevent the airbag from deploying in the event of a vehicle crash, increasing the risk of injury.

- Lakewood, CO, USA

Oct 272017

Takata recall - I would like to get fixed asap instead of waiting for this ticking tome bomb to explode.

- West Warwick, RI, USA

Oct 272017

- Mchenry, IL, USA

Oct 262017

- Abingdon, MD, USA

Oct 272015

Takata recall - I have contacted my local VW dealer several times (at least 3) to inquire about repairing the vehicle, but they said they have repeatedly said they don't have the necessary parts / airbags to remediate the recall. The vehicle runs fine. I have also filed a claim through the ch. 11 takata bankruptcy.

- Lagrange, KY, USA

Oct 252017

Takata airbag recall over the past year or so, I have left several messages for the repair department to have the replacement on the airbags done. I cannot get ahold of anyone in this department on the phone. No one has called back. I tried to schedule one online. That was not done. I tried again today, I could not get through, but left another voice message. The name of the company is VW uptown. They are located at 8201 lomas blvd ne, albuquerque, nm 87110. Their number is 505-260-5055. Sincerely, marcia briseno 505-321-0243 or 505-582-9296 email: Dispatchman@Q.com

- Los Lunas, NM, USA

Feb 062016

Takata recall rec'd notice 2/16 about recall on air bags, no further info has been rec'd.

- Fortville, IN, USA

Nov 292016

I keep receiving recall notices for 1vwcn7A3xdc003375. Volkswagen took possession of this car on 11/29/2016 under the diesel emissions recall. VW blames NHTSA for continued notices on a car they own..

- Wrightwood, CA, USA

Mar 122015

I was told that my airbag issue was due to the sensor getting wet and I had to pay to fix it, and then I receive letter saying my inflator is part of recall, the first recall on my car for the daytime driving light still has not fix, its been in the shop at least three times, on top of that you can move the gears in my car without pressing anything or braking..

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jun 262017

The contact owned a 2013 Volkswagen Passat. While driving 20 mph on a four way lane going North, the contact's vehicle was struck on the passenger side by another vehicle. The impact caused the contact's vehicle to cross into the South bound lane where it crashed into another vehicle from the driver side front end to the driver's side. The air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). A police report was filed. The contact sustained a fractured nose that required surgery, cuts to the right and left hands, and a burning sensation to his feet that has yet to be diagnosed. The vehicle was towed to a collision center and was deemed destroyed by the insurance company. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but no additional information was provided. The failure mileage was 112,000.

- Reynoldsburg, OH, USA

Aug 092017

I received a written notification that my car was covered under a recall for the defective airbag. When I tried to make an appointment with priority Volkswagen chester va. They refused to make an appointment to fix the car stating that the parts were not available and they would not make an appointment or tell me when the part would be available. The written notice says to schedule the repair immediately and I am trying to do this but the dealer refuses to assist. I tried to contact volkswgen directly but got a recording stating that due to high call volumes I should go to their web site. What a crock. So who is responsible if the airbag injures or kills someone when there is an active safety recall and the manufacturer refuses to even schedule the repair? how do you suggest I proceed from here.

- Burgess, VA, USA

Aug 062017

When I started turning the steering wheel a few days ago I would hear something kinda ticking like something was caught between the steering and column section. Today after I started my car and the steering wheel air bag came and has stayed on. Thus my horn and buttons to control my instrument panel no longer work.

- Staunton, VA, USA

Aug 042017

Takata recall, I have been calling for months the dealership to schedule an appointment, specifically: Serramonte VW located at: 711 serramonte blvd, colma, ca 94014. They never get me through to service, and every time I leave my name and number they never call me back. How to I schedule the repair!

- Pacifica, CA, USA

Mar 082017

The vehicle steering wheel clock spring was repaired under recall from VW in Jan 2016 at 42000 miles and failed again at around 46000 miles, leaving my car without driver side airbags. It is quite unsafe to have such a crucial safety part to fail so regularly and unexpectedly. I believed that the recalled clock spring that got installed in my car is also defective.

- Apo, AE, USA