- January 12: VW Recalls Jetta GLI, Golf Alltrack and Golf GTI recalls | 13 days ago
- December 29: VW Sunroof Leak Lawsuit Alleges Warranty Is Worthless news | 27 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 94J9: Back-Up Lights May Not Be Bright Enough/FMVSS 108
2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
If the back-up lights are not bright enough, other drivers may not see the vehicle reversing, or the driver may back into an obstacle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Tail Lights
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan long wheel base (LWB) vehicles. The back-up lights in the taillight assemblies may not be bright enough. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the affected inner taillight assemblies, free of charge. The recall began December 15, 2017. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 94J9.
- Documents (8)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - PRI
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 14, 2017 Subject: Repair Availability – Compliance Recall 94J9 - Back-up Light Noncompliance Certain 2018 MY Volkswagen Tiguan (Long Wheelbase)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - USA
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Subject Back-up Light Noncompliance Release Date December 15, 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Volkswagen Date: November 13, 2017 Subject: Advance Notice – Safety Recall 94J9 - Back-up Light Noncompliance Certain 2018 MY Volkswagen Tiguan (Long Wheelbase)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 108
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.