- March 19: VW Beetles and Beetle Convertibles Recalled For Software Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- March 15: Volkswagen Charged by the SEC For Defrauding Investors news | 8 days ago
- February 26: Volkswagen + Takata = Recall recalls | 25 days ago
- February 19: VW Recalls Atlas, Golf SportWagen and Jetta For Coil Springs recalls | 32 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 41 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 69V2: Incorrect Driver Air Bag Installed/FMVSS 208
2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
In the event of a crash, the incorrect air bags may not protect the driver as intended, increasing the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Frontal
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Tiguan Limited vehicles. The front driver air bag installed on these vehicles may not be intended for use in vehicles sold in the United States. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering wheel and front driver air bag module, free of charge. The recall began May 30, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 69V2.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.