- August 24: Audi Volkswagen Korea and Porsche Korea Busted Again news | 0 days ago
- August 23: Volkswagen Recalls 679,000 Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 1 days ago
- August 8: Volkswagen CC Tire Cupping Class Action Lawsuit Settlement news | 16 days ago
- July 30: Volkswagen Recalls CCs and Tiguans For Airbag Failures recalls | 25 days ago
- July 2: VW Recalls Atlas and Passat Vehicles To Fix Headlights recalls | 53 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 40N4/40N5: Lower Ball Joint Separation
2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
A loose or improperly tightened ball joint nut can result in the separation of the lower ball joint causing steering, traction or other stability issues, increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Front — Control Arm — Lower Ball Joint
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan and Tiguan long wheel base (LWB) vehicles. The nut that holds the lower ball joint of the front wheel on each side of the vehicle may be loose or improperly tightened.
- Volkswagen has notified owners, and dealers will replace the nut on the lower ball joint and, as necessary, clean the thread in the ball joint, free of charge. The recall began May 30, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 40N4. Note: owners are advised not to drive their vehicle until the recall repair has been performed.
Click a tab for more information.