- March 19: VW Beetles and Beetle Convertibles Recalled For Software Problems recalls | 6 days ago
- March 15: Volkswagen Charged by the SEC For Defrauding Investors news | 10 days ago
- February 26: Volkswagen + Takata = Recall recalls | 27 days ago
- February 19: VW Recalls Atlas, Golf SportWagen and Jetta For Coil Springs recalls | 34 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 43 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 69W8 69W9: Passenger Frontal Air Bag May Deploy Improperly
2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
If the air bag were to tear or unfold incorrectly during deployment, it can increase the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Volkswagen Atlas and Tiguan vehicles. In the event of a crash, the passenger frontal air bag may tear or not properly unfold during deployment.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag, free of charge. The recall began July 19, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's numbers for this recall are 69W8, and 69W9.
Click a tab for more information.