- August 24: Audi Volkswagen Korea and Porsche Korea Busted Again news | 0 days ago
- August 23: Volkswagen Recalls 679,000 Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 1 days ago
- August 8: Volkswagen CC Tire Cupping Class Action Lawsuit Settlement news | 16 days ago
- July 30: Volkswagen Recalls CCs and Tiguans For Airbag Failures recalls | 25 days ago
- July 2: VW Recalls Atlas and Passat Vehicles To Fix Headlights recalls | 53 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 42i7: Rear Shocks May Have Poor Welds
2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
If the lower loop of the rear shock absorber detaches, there may be a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear — Shock Absorber
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan long wheelbase (LWB) vehicles. A lower loop of a rear shock absorber may separate from its base due to an incorrect welding process
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear shock absorbers, replacing them as necessary, free of charge. The recall began May 30, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 42i7.
Click a tab for more information.