- March 19: VW Beetles and Beetle Convertibles Recalled For Software Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- March 15: Volkswagen Charged by the SEC For Defrauding Investors news | 6 days ago
- February 26: Volkswagen + Takata = Recall recalls | 23 days ago
- February 19: VW Recalls Atlas, Golf SportWagen and Jetta For Coil Springs recalls | 30 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 39 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 42i7: Rear Shocks May Have Poor Welds
2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
If the lower loop of the rear shock absorber detaches, there may be a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear — Shock Absorber
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan long wheelbase (LWB) vehicles. A lower loop of a rear shock absorber may separate from its base due to an incorrect welding process
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear shock absorbers, replacing them as necessary, free of charge. The recall began May 30, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 42i7.
Click a tab for more information.