- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 42 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 51 days ago
- November 26: Volvo Recalls Vehicles With Incorrect GPS Data recalls | 57 days ago
- November 1: Volvo Sunroof Lawsuit Deserves Class-Action Certification: Owners news | 82 days ago
Volvo Recall R89712: Seat Mounted Air Bag May Not Deploy/FMVSS 208/214
2017 Volvo S60
If the air bag inflator initiator fails to ignite, the air bag will not deploy, increasing the risk of injury.
- Volvo Car USA LLC (Volvo) is recalling certain 2017 S60, S60CC, V60, V60 Cross Country, and XC60 vehicles. The affected vehicles have driver and front passenger seat side mounted side air bags (SAB) with inflator initiators that may fail to ignite during a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection" and number 214, "Side Impact Protection."
- Volvo will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the front seat side air bags, free of charge. The recall began March 31, 2017. Owners may contact Volvo customer service at 1-800-458-1552. Volvo's number for this recall is R89712. Note: This recall is an expansion of recall 16V-918.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.