- November 18: BMW M3 Engine Failure Lawsuit Says S65 Engine Defective
- November 17: MINI Slapped With 20-Year Consent Order From FTC
- November 16: BMW Recalls Cars To Fix Child Restraint System Anchors
- October 20: MINI Cooper Recall Ordered To Fix Takata Airbags
- October 4: BMW Emissions Scandal? BMW Can 'Flatly Rule That Out'
1993 BMW 740
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 1993 BMW 740
Official recalls have been issued for the 1993 BMW 740 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
1993 BMW 740 VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL:CABLES NHTSA Campaign #94V022000
Summary: The throttle cable's tube (outer casing) contains a bend that leads to increased loading of the inner cable, causing it to break.
Consequence: Breakage of the inner cable would cause loss of throttle control, causing the engine to return or remain at idle. Loss of throttle control could cause an accident.
Actions: BMW dealers will replace the throttle cable. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #94V022000 »