Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.

So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.

If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.

2004 Chrysler Pacifica electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Pacifica:

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Aug 132003

Pacifica 6-cyl

I have a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD, currently has 50,000 miles. We have had problems since we drove it off the lot. Time after time we were told there were no codes signifying any problems, and they could never duplicate the noises we were experiencing. Climate control screen went out, this was replaced. Message display went out, unable to see safety warnings, compass, menu display stalling when turning at slow speeds popping and clunking noises when turning slowly load clanging noise when shifting from park to reverse, sounds like we ran over a large metal object. Leaks on driver side when raining warped rotors at 35,000 miles fuel gauge needle will plunge from F to E when there is a least half tank of gas. I have taken the car in on numerous occasions, they can never duplicate the problem noises to diagnose or fix.

- Beaufort, SC, USA

Aug 182005

Pacifica 6-cyl

Car does not start! when starting, a loud clicking noise happens, and engine will not start. Need a jump start often. Have brought it to dealer they cannot find anything wrong.

- Rhinebeck, NY, USA

Dec 312005

Pacifica 6-cyl

This car has had an on-going issue of stalling, lights turning off/going out, and automatic seat/mirror/radio position changes. 31 Dec 05 at approximately 1515, after driving 4+/- miles, I turned into a driveway, backed into a turnaround, pulled forward and backed up to a garage. I put the car in park, set the parking brake, turned the key to off and removed the key. The engine was still running with the key out of the ignition. I placed the key back into the ignition, turned it to run, turned it to off. This time the engine quit, however, the dash remained lighted. I turned the key to start, but the starter would not engage. I turned the key to off and removed the key. All dash lights remained on. The car was towed to martin Chevrolet, Jeep, Chrysler for repairs. This is the 8th trip for this issue. In all of the previous issues, since there was no code set in the computer, the dealer concluded there to be nothing wrong with the vehicle. In this instance, the dealer was able to "see" the defect, however, there still was no code in the computer.

- Saginaw, MI, USA

Jan 052005

Parked car for three days on five different occasions and the power supply was dead when I tried to start the car. The dealer said I must remove a module under the hood anytime that I leave the car for more then two days. This process is not acceptable and causes problems for anyone who travels and leaves their car in a lot while flying. They state that they are aware of the problem but have no fix for it.

- Arlington, WA, USA

Oct 202005

2005 Chrysler Pacifica stalled when I was making a left hand turn. I put it in park and then started it back up. Dealership said that they would look at it on Monday, which is 4 days away. I know that other people have had this same problem. I just hope that it can get fixed before someone gets hurt. I will let you know what the resolution is, although I know they are going to say that they couldn't duplicate the problem, and send me on my way.

- Brandon, MS, USA

Oct 022005

Pacifica 6-cyl

Our 2004 Chrysler Pacifica sometimes will not start and when is does sometimes it dies when you are driving it down the road. The dealership and Chrysler tells me unless the problem happens for the garage they can not fix it. Even if that means at some point in time it dies and we crash.

- Kendallville, IN, USA

Jun 012004

Pacifica 6-cyl

2004 Chrysler Pacifica developed problems with stalling, dead battery, rear window inoperative, faulty fuel gauge, dashboard lights flickering and security system inoperative.** answer required***. the seat belt was inoperative.

- Auburn, MI, USA

Apr 182004

Pacifica 6-cyl

My 2004 Chrysler Pacifica has been in for service 6X and has currently been at the dealership for 3 weeks now. The most recent problem was electrical - the dash display that indicates speed, fuel gauge, etc. Went black while driving and all the interior lights illuminated. They have not determined the problem and Chrysler wants me to pick up the vehicle although no repair was made. The car has been svc. For brakes, transmission, motor mount broken, fan assembly not completed during assembly, vehicle wouldn't start and battery was replaced. The vehicle is unsafe!

- Aliso Viejo, CA, USA

Feb 202005

Pacifica 6-cyl

Transmission unit failure. Has been to the dealer 3 times that I can remember. Clicking popping noise in the transmission or axle. "fixed" 3 times 2) 3 electrical problems a) display for heating and ac went out. It was repaired B) display for message center went out. It was repaired C) the gas guage would "go empty" then "refill" all while driving. It was repaired 3) now I just found gear oil on my garage floor, the rear axle seals are leaking.I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow.

- Cochranville, PA, USA

Oct 062004

Pacifica 6-cyl

I purchased the car from carmax 08/03, with 500 miles on it. At the end of 09/04, with 2200 miles, I began to have problems with the fuel light. I took it in for service for the fuel light on 10/6, 10/11, 12/18, and 12/27/04. Each time service said it was due to a gas cap not being tightend, and or gas was being topped off. They didn't tell me they replaced a C34 fuel line clip on 12/18, and on 12/27 they replaced the egr system. I continued to have the same problems 1/11 and 1/17/05. On 1/17/05 they replaced a detector for general evap system failure/replace nvld pump. 1/25/05, service again for the headlamps not working, they found no problem. I was not told they did a recall on 10/06/04 on the auto transmission powertrain controle module. I found out, via the internet there was a recall on the headlamps, and they could go out anytime. I received another recall in the mail on the seat control module and drivers door handle, so I took the car in for both recalls 03/31/05. I got home that evening, and now I can't get into the car through the driver's side! this whole car is a lemon and should be recalled!

- Pearland, TX, USA

Feb 062005

Pacifica 6-cyl

While idling, the car shut off and would not start again. Had the car towed to a dealer for repair. After 2 days of looking for the cause the dealer could not find any reason for the car to have shut off and not started again.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Oct 182004

Pacifica 6-cyl

2004 Chrysler Pacifica - purchased river oaks Chrysler houston:1) I have had on-going minor problems with this vechicle since I purchased it. These problems have required for me to take the car in to the river oaks Chrysler service department on a regular basis during the past year (lemon?). 2) yesterday October 18, I experienced one of the worst problems with this car. I was leaving my neighborhood and was at a stop sign. I started to make a left turn when I heard a loud noise as if metal was breaking and cracking. The car started to shake violently. I had to grab onto the steering wheel very hard to control it. I had trouble steering it as the wheels did not seem to want to move. I was able to pull it to the side and get assistance (I feel fortunate that it did not happen on the hgway, as the consequences would probably not have been good). The car has 20,000 miles. I do not travel far as I am a stay home mom and most of my driving is doing errands and taking my kids to school. The car was towed to river oaks, Chrysler in houston where the car is sitting in their service department. The latest I heard was that the axle broke. My concern is that this is a 1 year old car and it had a major failure such as this one. So many things have gone wrong with this vechicle that I find it unreliable and unsafe and I hate for something like this to happen to someone else. Thank you for your attention to this matter. Leesbeth silva.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Jun 012004

On 7 separate occasions vehicle failed to start. When this occurred vehicle was towed to the dealership, who replaced the battery/transmission, and main computer. Also, did a software upgrade. The failure recurred.

- Covington, GA, USA

Jul 032004

While driving 60 mph electrical system failed. As a result, vehicle stalled, and consumer had to veer of the road. A recall was issued for the electrical system and was repaired, however the problem recurred.

- Dresher, PA, USA

Jan 052004

- Ringwood, NJ, USA

Feb 172004

The power windows, locks, mirrors, keyless remote entry and power seats all stopped working at the same time. The trunk also would not unlock to open. We have owned the car for three days.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Nov 062003

Power seat control failure for dirver and front passenger seats. Also, seat heating system fails. Dashboard flashes with signs of memory failure. Car has been taken to the dealer for repair four times with no solution to the problems.

- Union City, NJ, USA

Sep 212003

Pacifica 6-cyl

Vehicle has less then 4000 miles. Multiple electrical problems (first tow at 120miles). Defective engine wiring @ fuel injectors causing severe bucking and and stalling. Electrical problems with transmission control system causing vehicle to stay in 1st gear and show check engine light. Vehicle has been towed 4 times and spent over 20 days at the dealer. I have only owned it less then 4 months.

- Des Moines, IA, USA