CarComplaints.com Notes: The third generation Durango is plagued by a defective TIPM, particularily in the 2011 and 2012 model years.

TIPM, which stands for Totally Integrated Power Modules, is responsible for controlling and distributing power to all the vehicle’s electrical functions. So when your TIPM goes haywire, bad things start happening. Things like your water pump can stop working, your engine can stall out and your airbags can randomly deploy.

2011 Dodge Durango electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Durango:

2011 Dodge Durango Owner Comments (Page 7 of 16)

Dec 172014

Durango

The power liftgate opened then promptly fails and collapses with no resistance or warning on the occupant. The incident has re-occurred overtime since the initial problem was identified and caused minor injury to related party. Power lift gate will make caution noise on the way up but when reaching pinnacle and should stop, proceeds to slam down with full weight and force.

- Stanwood, WA, USA

Oct 222014

Durango 6-cyl

While operating the vehicle at normal speed of 55 mph the vehicle suddenly shut off. Lucky we were able to coast to the side of the road. We tried restarting the vehicle several times with no luck, the engine would turn over but not start. A state patrol officer stopped and after hooking up a jump pack the vehicle finally started back up. The following week the vehicle did the same thing after stopping for gas, it would turn over but not start until a jump pack was hooked up. I have had the battery tested, it has tested fine. The vehicle continues to have the same issues with not wanting to start. Just today it shut off while driving on the highway with my children in the car. Again I was lucky enough to be in an area where I could coast off to the side of the road.

- Forks, WA, USA

Dec 262014

Durango

I did not have a specific incident yet, however I have had three recalls on my vehicle and the parts have apparently "been on order" since June. I keep getting duplicate notices when I have tried to get them taken care of at the dealer but they can not get the necessary parts needed to fix my vehicle before there is a serious incident because of this! I also had to pay to fix a fuse on my vehicle when it seems that one of the three recalls is for the same exact thing. I should get my deductible back of $100 for that repair on March 11, 2014.

- Montgoemry, IL, USA

Nov 062014

Durango

My vehicle start to being slow. It does not star, turn off after start. Has a strange noise when running. I call de dealer, asking what happens if I have an accident with children. The said the insurance will pay. That they have not received the parts already and I have to wait until tomorrow. What will I do without my car for severals days? I do not have another one, the insurance says they will not allow me to have another.

- San German, PR, USA

Nov 032014

Durango

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start after several attempts. The failure occurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Climax, GA, USA

Dec 242014

Durango

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Durango. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) however, the part needed for the recall repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Sep 162014

Durango

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that while depressing the brake pedal, the vehicle jerked. Additionally, the contact stated that when the accelerator pedal was depressed, the vehicle hesitated to accelerate. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V530000 (electrical system) however, the part needed for the recall repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 43,000.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Apr 012014

Durango

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic), 14V530000 (electrical system), and 14V634000 (electrical system) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer informed the contact that the parts were unavailable for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Show Low, AZ, USA

Aug 262014

Durango

I have received notification for three different recalls on my Dodge Durango. The first recall notice was received on 7/21/14 for P36 P14, the second recall was received on approx. 11/10/14 for P54/NHTSA 14V-530, and the third recall was received on 112/19/14 for P14/NHTSA 14V-154. Each time I received a recall notice I contacted South hills Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram to schedule an appointment to have my Dodge service and the recalls fixed. Each time I was told that the dealer did not have parts in stock and that there were 400 people on the waiting list in front of me and they could give me an estimate on when they could fix my vehicle. On 12/22/14 I contacted three rivers Jeep Dodge and they immediately scheduled me for a service appointment for 12/23/14 and indicated the parts for P36 P14 and P 14/NHTSA 14V-154 were readily available by all Dodge dealers. It is extremely concerning that the South hills Chrysler Dodge dealer had no sense of urgency in addressing these important safety recalls.

- Canonsburg, PA, USA

Dec 152014

Durango

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Durango. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V530000 (electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to inform when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Gilroy , CA, USA

Dec 032014

Durango 6-cyl

Car will not start, car not in motion when issue occurs, after the initial failed start multiple attempts to start the car takes place sometimes successful after the 2nd attempt. On 12/5 an ins. Claim was made to have vehicle towed to the dealership after multiple failed start. The dealership checked car and confirmed the issue was due to part recall P54/NHTSA 14V-530. The dealership states temporary part costs $1100 since there isn't a remedy part available. Dealership is looking into assisting with costs however why should I have to pay for a temporary part that is the same part that is on the vehicle and still have to wait for the remedy part to be available in order to correct the issue. The repairs should be completed free of charge by Chrysler due to a known issue. Fyi... the vehicle is still at the dealership awaiting for repairs to take place.

- Salters, SC, USA

Dec 112014

Durango

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Valparaiso, IN, USA

Nov 272014

Durango

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V530000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 94,000.

- Canton, GA, USA

Oct 202014

Durango

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start and became inoperable. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V530000 (electrical system); however, the parts needed to remedy the failure were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Dec 112014

Durango

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that while driving approximately 24 mph, the vehicle stalled as the battery warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the alternator needed to be replaced. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 26,000.

- Kearny, NJ, USA

Nov 102014

Durango

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Durango. The contact received NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V530000 (electrical system) and 14V634000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the parts needed to remedy the vehicle were unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Dec 082014

Durango

Just a heads up to all had my tipm replaced on my 2011 Dodge Durango citadel w/ hemi about 3 months ago from dealer because starting and stalling problems and it is stalling again, so seems to be just a temporary fix wth. I have 64,000 miles on it now please helping was covered under warranty bought the bumper to bumper lifetime, never used a warranty so much, bought it brand new for just under 50,000 dollars this should not be going on. It stalled in an intersection and about got me and the family in a serious wreck I have 3 kids ones a new born just want to get what I pay for not this P.O.S.

- Yorkville , IL, USA

Dec 022014

Durango

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled and failed to restart. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the fuse block was faulty. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign id number 14V530000. (electrical system) the failure mileage was 72,000.

- Ravena , NY, USA

Nov 082014

Durango

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Durango. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V530000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the parts needed to remedy the vehicle were unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was unavailable. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Oskaloosa, IA, USA

Nov 282014

Durango

I could not get any of the recalls fixed! 2 Dodge dealerships in my area would only look and not correct my brake issue. One dealership told me I was at the bottom of the list because I did not purchase my Durango there!

- Washington, DC, USA