- April 11: Recalled: Dodge Viper Door Handles Lose Their Bite
- April 9: Government No Help to 1.8 Million Chrysler and Dodge Minivan Owners
- March 11: Chrysler Alternator Lawsuit Says Owners Tired of Problems
- March 6: Chrysler Recalls 700,000 Minivans and SUVs To Replace Ignition Switches
- March 2: Dodge Recalls Charger and Challenger Over Risk of Fire
2000 Dodge Intrepid
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Dodge Intrepid, Stratus & other Chrysler sedans are infamous for oil sludge problems with the 2.7L V6 engine. If someone offers to sell you a 2.7L V6 model, it's only worth the price of the scrap metal it's going to shortly turn into.
NOTE: Only the 2.7L V6 has the oil sludge problem. Our "Avoid like the Plague" designation is ONLY for models with the 2.7L V6 engine. All other available engines are very reliable with no major problems.
Even with regular maintenance, the oil sludge defect eventually destroys the 2.7L engine typically around 80,000-100,000 miles. The only true fix we know about is to put in the larger 3.2L engine, which has a great reputation.
This issue was never deemed a safety defect by the Feds, so there was no recall. In the end, Chrysler got away with FOUR YEARS worth of defective 2.7L V6 engines in their sedans.
Worst 2000 Intrepid electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- automatic door locks not working13
- alternator shorts out repeatedly, drains battery3
- oil dummy light blinks on when idling3
- brake lights keep going out its not the light bulbs1
- car shut off while driving1
- computer (BCM) keeps failing1
- gauges quit working1
- headlights dashlights flashing1
- intermittently loses power when starting1
- won't start1
- NHTSA: Electrical System9
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition5
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Front Underhood5
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery: Cables1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Intrepid Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Intrepid compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Intrepid overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Intrepid.