9.0

1. pay for it yourself (1 reports)
  2. replace (1 reports)
1997 Ford Crown Victoria cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Crown Victoria:

1997 Ford Crown Victoria Owner Comments

May 212003

Crown Victoria LX

I am an owner of a 1997 Ford Crown Victoria (VIN 2FALP74W1VX191832) purchased new at Padre Ford Mazda (now Champion Ford Mazda) in Corpus Christi, TX that had an intake manifold failure on May 4, 2003 resulting in the loss of engine coolant and the engine overheating. The situation was realized before any serious engine damage occurred. The mileage of the vehicle at the time of failure was 51,691. The resulting repair bill was approximately $650 ($383.33 for the manifold and cross-over and $220 for the labor plus towing and thermostat). I have the failed manifold in my custody. I contacted the dealership at which I purchased the vehicle with no relief as well as contacted the area Ford service representative through the dealership and was denied assistance due to the fact that I did not have the repairs performed at a Ford dealership. It is quite obvious that Ford knowingly has a defective design due to the redesign of the manifold into a 2 component replacement with the coolant cross-over being made of metal instead of plastic as was originally installed in this vehicle.

- , Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Mar 262007

Crown Victoria 4.6

This is a car with 55,400 original miles. Can someone please tell me why they would make a intake out of plastic? We are talking about a part that gets hot then cools down over and over. I guess I'm the only one that did not know about this because everyone I tell has had this happen to someone they know!This cost me over 1,000 dollars. Intake cost 485.00.(made of plastic). Yeah... buy American!

- , Akron, OH, USA